Here, I am going to discuss different types of marketing strategies. But here, one thing you need to know is that there are many different types of marketing strategies available. Moreover, not everything will work for your business. To know what will work best for your business. You need to analyze your ideal market. And research with your marketing strategy. This is the only way to know what will work best for your business. As the one who runs the most experiment wins.
Different Types Of Marketing: What Is a Marketing Strategy?
Before discussing different types of marketing strategies. Let us first understand what is a marketing strategy. Which is very essential before learning other types of marketing strategies. Marketing strategy consists of some course of actions which is followed by a company to market their products. Each and every company do have their different types of Marketing strategies. It is important to know which works better. Some blueprint which works best for me does not mean that it will work better for you also. These business strategies are some sort of rules or you can say, plan of actions which are used by a company for their improvement and betterment of their company.
There are many types of marketing strategies out there. People read about these types of marketing strategies but are still confused about what actually needs to be done. So, here in this post, I will be explaining to you all the different types of marketing strategies.
Here, let us first understand the difference between a strategy and tactics. A strategy is full-fledged planning about how you can achieve a specific goal. What I mean here is that you make a plan of action to be followed properly to achieve a specific goal. However, a tactic is a specific bunch of rules you make or you follow in order to achieve that Strategy or your goal. For example, suppose someone is running a PPC Campaign so they need a particular business strategy of how they can achieve their specific goal. And for achieving their specific goal they need some tactics i.e., they need some plans or they need to take some actions to achieve their goal.
”The different types of Marketing Strategy used by any company can be entirely original and new plan Or it might be a plan which is used by the company in past”
Note: There are a bunch of things that are needed to be taken care of while planning a marketing strategy. A strategy has to be one’s own. The copied strategy of others is not always a good idea. You need to keep in mind your goal, budget, audiences and a couple of other things too so that you can be successful with your strategy. Always try to figure out the right marketing strategy for your business. Don’t go after different types of marketing strategies. Do experiment with your market. But always stick to a strategy. Not everything will work for your company. But you need to search for the one which works best
In this time, There can be two types of Marketing it will be either –
- B2B – Business To Business Marketing
- B2C – Business To Customer Marketing
Different Types Of Marketing: These Are The Types Of Marketing Strategies Used By Companies Worldwide –
- Online Marketing – Firstly in the different types of marketing strategies. I will be discussing online marketing. This is as we all know is the era of the Internet, Computers, and Technologies. This is the time where a kid also has smartphones and knows how to use the internet. From watching a recipe online, to check movie reviews. Nowadays we use the internet for all these things earlier it was not there. Now you can probably understand ”The Importance Of The Internet In Our Lives”. And if the internet nowadays is so essential for everyone around the corner. Then, one must follow the trend right? One can utilize the internet for their business. That is what Online Marketing is. Online Marketing is the process of broadcasting about your company to people by the means of the internet. Basically, it is all about using the internet to reach a vast number of people. So that people can know about your company or brand. Or can buy something from you. And moreover, it is a really good idea because everybody uses the Internet.
- CTA (Call To Action) Marketing – This is one of the interesting types of marketing in which you work and try to provoke your target audiences to take an immediate step into your business. These type of words you use in your website needs to be powerful enough to grab the attention of the audience. Many companies around the globe including Netflix does this type of marketing. ”Click To Contact”, ”Book Now”, ”Limited Stocks Available”. These are a few examples of CTAs. There are many like these. You need to check yourself which CTA will work best for your company or brand. But the main purpose of CTA is to grab the attention of your target audiences. So they might think and make a sale. This is just a way of letting your customers know that they might be missing something important. These CTAs represents that if the customers do not act on this they might be missing up something very important. If these CTAs are attractive and attention-grabbing. These are bound to give you better results.
- Affiliate Marketing – Other types of marketing strategy. In this type of marketing, you earn some amount of money by promoting other company or brand’s products. In the beginning, this might not be a good option for earning a certain big amount. But by practicing and improving your skills in this sector. In the near future, you can do affiliate for a number of people. And this will surely bring more money also.
- Email Marketing – In this type of marketing the person uses the means of the internet i.e., to connect to his/her target customers. An email is sent to them it can be sent to an individual or a group of people together, it depends. But here, we market through the medium of email. And this is how we connect to our potential customers. Here, in this way, the marketer builds the relationship with their audiences.
- Word Of Mouth Marketing – This is another unique type of marketing. Word Of Mouth Marketing was around the corner for a very long time but it was not termed as a type of marketing. You & I have done WOM marketing many times since childhood. How? Think about it, let me give you an example. In our childhood, our parents bought a very unique birthday present for us. What happened the next day of birthday? We went to schools and meet our friends and we started with the story of our birthday gift. Of how exciting the gift was, what was it, what was the features was, how it looks like etc. What do you think was that? Word Of Mouth Marketing, Obviously. And this is what the companies are doing nowadays for their brand awareness. Suppose you bought a pair of shoes from a renowned brand. Now let us see, how it works. You bought the shoes now you are the WOM marketer. Now, what you are supposed to do? You will spread the word among people about the shoes you are using. And it is very influencing to people as this is a common human tendency to trust someone who is sailing in the same boat as yours. People here trust you more and makes the purchase. If done correctly, WOM is a very powerful thing.
- Content Marketing – Content Marketing is the creation of fresh and unique contents. For Website, you create contents which are new. You write your views about something or you write blog posts. That all is content marketing that you create some contents for the readers and you distribute it whether on the website or social sites. This is indeed a very vast network as wherever you go. You will always need content. And the ability to create new contents is indeed an art. Whosoever said ”Content Is The King” said it right as it is surely the king. Writing good contents you will not master it overnight. Noone does that. But by constant practicing, you can master content writing.
- Mobile Marketing – This is another type of digital strategy. In this time who does not use the mobile? Of course, everybody around the corner uses and have mobile phones. And in this type of marketing, our customers are always mobile friendly. The marketer here targets their potential customers on the mobile-friendly devices. Nowadays mobile marketing is very essential and effective. It gives the user many advantages. I.e., low cost, personalization etc. Thus, it reduces manpower. While it still gives the entrepreneur better results and profits.
- Search Engine Marketing – This is the type of modern marketing executed through the use of Websites. This is done by increasing the online presence of a website. This is also known as paid search marketing, where the organization pays Google to show their Ads in the search engine result pages (SERPs). The promoter bids on the keywords that the users of Google Or Bing might search for while looking for a certain product or services. Which gives the promoter the open door for their Ads to show up by the side of those search queries. These Ads are often known as pay-per-click (PPC) Ads. This advantage of these types of marketing is that it allows the advertisers to put their Ads in front of people who are really interested in their product and services.
- Buzz Marketing – This is another type of viral marketing technique. It is the type of social contact of customers and the clients of a product. This type of marketing strategy has the potential to intensify or change the original marketing message. Let us understand this buzz marketing. With an example, Suppose I went to watch a new movie which was ”box-office flop”. But had an interesting plot. And after the movie, we met our friends, family. And because I loved the movie. I unwittingly drum the business for the movie. Moreover, I am encouraging my near and dear ones to go and watch the movie. This was Buzz Marketing. If someone we trust is positively telling us about something, whether it be a movie, restaurant or anything. We are more likely to check that out. This ”buzz” marketing is highly potent in spreading the word about the new product or service.
- Scarcity Marketing – This is another type of marketing technique. It is particularly based on the principle that people always go after what is hard to obtain. It includes product, promotion, pricing etc. strategies. In other words, scarcity marketing is another way of encouraging people to buy your products by telling them that there is a shortage of the product. As well as, they have got very limited time to act on it. It creates a sense of necessity among people. That they are missing out something very important. If they don’t act fast.
- Evangelism Marketing – This is the advanced level of Word Of Mouth Marketing. In which the organization develops customers and clients. Who believes in them, their products and services very strongly. That the people freely try to convince others. To buy or use that particular organization products or services. The people temporarily becomes upholder for the organization. Who effectively gets the message out in the public for the organization.
- Freebie Marketing – It is a marketing strategy which is used to raise brand awareness. Among their ideal clients. With this strategy, the company sells their products at a very low cost. Or even gives it away for free. The freebie marketing is believed to have started with the Gillette company. Freebie marketing helps your organization gain more exposure. As well as will increase your sales too.
- Database Marketing – Database marketing is a form of direct marketing. That uses the database of clients to create focused on records for direct marketing communications. This database includes purchase histories, phone number, email etc. It uses precise information for its marketing strategy. After gathering precise information about the customers. This information is evaluated. As well as, is used to create a personalized and better experience for each customer.
Conclusion – Like these types of marketing strategies mentioned above. There are These are some of the types of marketing strategies used by different companies or brands differently. These types of marketing strategies help us with our business. Now, we need to decide that which strategy will work best for us. It is not necessary that what works best for others will work best for us too. It is on us what strategy we need to adapt for the better future of our business.
Want To become master at marketing for your business, You Can At Best Digital Marketing Course In Delhi